Solidus and Spree are two of the most popular open-source e-commerce platforms. Both offer many features and flexibility, but they have some essential differences that may make one better suited to your needs than the other.
In this article, we’ll look at the similarities and differences between Solidus and Spree so that you can decide which one is right for you.
What is Spree?
- Easy integration with many payment gateways (including Stripe and PayPal)
- Automatic tax calculations based on your location and the customer’s location
- Support for multiple languages (English and Japanese at the moment)
- A customizable checkout process that lets customers choose their preferred method of payment and shipping
Pros of Spree:
- Spree is free to use, so users don’t have to pay fees when they sign up.
- Spree offers products from more than 25 different brands, so there’s a good chance you’ll find what you’re looking for!
- The site uses video content from influencers on social media platforms like YouTube and Instagram, which means you get to see what the product looks like in action before deciding whether or not you want to buy it. This can be very helpful when trying to choose between two similar options!
- You can also use Spree’s “Find Similar” feature if there’s something specific about an item that you want but don’t see anywhere else on their website (like maybe it has two different colors available). This will help you find other similar items instead of just leaving empty-handed!